Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Happy Birthday to My Wonderful Sister, Suzie, Who Passed Away in 1979 (March 2023 posting on FB)

 Today is my older sister, Suzie's birthday. She died in 1979 at the age of 34 leaving three beautiful daughters and a loving husband behind. This isn't the only day I remember her. I don't think a day goes by that I don't think about her

She was such a vibrant, caring, loving, smart, funny, and beautiful person. I was always flattered that she seemed to have a close connection to me in spite of our age differences.

She taught me how to dance when I was fairly little and took me to the local teen hangout to "show me off", which made me both embarrassed and proud.

When she had her kids--Amy, Theresa, and Christy--she had me babysit with them often, and those are some of my best memories of growing up. I felt honored that she and Jerry trusted me with such precious babies.

Suzie always looked out for me and there were few things that I didn't feel comfortable sharing with her. She never judged, and she offered her opinion only if asked. I appreciated that.

She had such style and grace in adversity and faced her Cancer diagnosis far better than I think I would have. She always smiled, was kind, and remained devout to her faith. I always admired her strength.

I think, most of all, I miss our conversations, our sharing funny stories, her laughter, her honesty, and her devotion to her family. There is an empty place in my heart where my sister used to be. She's still with me, but I selfishly would prefer being with her in person again and enjoying each other's company.

May she rest in God's eternal peace.

Happy Birthday, Suzie!

1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely tribute to your sister, Jim. i wish I had known her better.

    ReplyDelete