Wednesday, April 4, 2012

What I'm Doing Here

Actually, I'm not sure what I'm doing here. I thought it would be good to keep my writing skills up. I also thought it might be therapeutic to vent once in awhile on things that my friends aren't that into, but things that I feel passionate about--or things that tick me off that I would like to find a solution for.

A little about myself. I'm a freelance editor/writer/proofreader that also happens to be Gay (hence the 'Mo' part of the blog url--meaning a contraction of the word Ho 'mo' sexual). It took me a long time to get to the point that I could actually talk about being Gay. Being in the closet was exhausting--a word used by many Gay people to signify they were tired of lying about who they are, pretending to be something they weren't, and worrying constantly about being "discovered" as a Gay person. It is exhausting and I don't recommend the closet for anyone. There are people who feel like their lives would be in jeopardy if they came out to homophobes. I can sympathize. Still, if there is no threat of death or physical abuse, why hide who you are?

This is my first blog and hopefully there will be more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment