Sunday, November 8, 2020

Christmas 2020

This year has been a tumultuous year, to say the least. Between dealing with a pandemic and on-again, off-again regulations and the political divide of our country, it has been a year filled with anxiety and tension. I'm not expecting much from Christmas this year--similar to last year after my medical issues. For me it will be a season of isolation and reflection on Christmases past.


Looking at the Christmas decorations and the beautiful lights, I  think about family members who have passed away--Mom and Dad, Suzie David, and my wonderful sister-in-law Paula. I will always be grateful for their guidance, their compassion, their sense of decency, and their humor. Their examples have guided me during my life. Because of their example, I live every year thinking about how I can help others and doing the right thing. I know I have them to thank for all that I have.

My family is a lasting Christmas gift from God that makes me grateful for them, as well as my friends who are like family, and being able to live a life that is filled with love and understanding.








No comments:

Post a Comment